I found a very nice article on MMOgames and I wanted to translate it for you by summarizing the important points. You will certainly learn something on the subject?
Summary of information
- Ebonheart Pact:
Races: Nordics, Dunmer (Dark Elves) and Argonians.
50 years ago, the Akaviri invaded the world to conquer it. To counter them, the Dark Elves and the Nords formed an alliance, allying by necessity with the Argonians.
- Dominion Aldmeri :
Races: Altmer (High Elves), Bosmer (Wood Elves), and Khajiit.
Everything is said in the name. The Aldmeri Dominion wants to rule the world. They plan to rule the world, submit or die. They are ready to kill anyone who does not join them. You help us, or you die.
- Daggerfall Convention:
Races: Breton, Redguard and Orcs.
There has always been a lot of friction between the Redguards and the Bretons, with little wars between them, here and there. But it is a rather peaceful area. The Bretons have given the Orcs a share of their land and the races appreciate and respect each other. This faction is the most democratic.
- There will be several classes and leveling will be done through the acquisition of experience. No skills acquired through experience.
- You play as a character whose soul has been stolen by Molag Bal, the Daedric prince who is trying to expand his kingdom to all of Tamriel.
- Exploration will play a major role, many hidden parts of the game can only be found by exploring dungeons and areas.
- The main big cities : Imperial City, Windhelm, Daggerfall, Sentinel, Mournhold, Ebonheart, Elden Root, Shornhelm, Evermore, Riften, and others that have yet to be announced.
- The frames will be there but there will be no flying mounts for Lore's sake. No dragons then?
- There will be a fast way to travel but this will be limited will be limited to the Wayshrines (the temples of Daedric deities scattered over the land). These Wayshrines also serve as resurrection points.
- No housing or Romances but this could possibly be added later.
- All NPC voices will be doubled!
- The casual player will be able toreach the maximum level in about 120 hours of play.
- There will be various guard stones here will give you various buffs.
- La Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood have been confirmed.
Player vs. Environment (PvE)
- The high level content will give you heroic dungeons and big raids.
- There will be instantiated dungeons and public dungeons as can be explored in Skyrim and Oblivion.
- The skills are always based on stamina and mana.
- Le sprint, blocking and interruptions will remain in the game.
- Blocking will still play a big role: players will be able to block with a shield, 2M sword or force field. Blockages from a powerful strike can potentially cause them to lose their balance and be vulnerable to blows.
- About the aggro mechanics. This will be completely different from other MMOs. Zenimax Online promises very advanced Artificial Intelligence. For example, entering a room in a dungeon mobs will hear your footsteps and react to the sight of your character. They will play their roles: melee mobs will rush on you while healers and mages will tend to move away from you.
- There will be a system that will allow players to perform an ultimate skill. Fineness points will encourage players to play smarter. Example: a thief falls into a flask of oil ... A mage sets it on fire and BAM! Finesse!
- The quests will strongly resemble The Elder Scrolls. Players can go anywhere and do whatever they want. Of course, this will always be limited by level requirements.
- The game will use a system of phasing quite similar to WoW.
- There will obviously be a few "Kill X Orcs", "Bring x Wolf Ears" quests but these quests will be in the minority.
Player vs. Player (PvP)
- The three factions will be at war.
- There will be PvP arenas.
- Le Wild pvp and Open PvP will be included. Quite similar to Dark Age of Camelot.
- The siege weapons and destructible land are confirmed!
- Endgame PvP will involve the players here will fight to take control of Cyrodiil. It will be necessary to conquer the imperial city for the emperor of your faction. You can even become that emperor. The ultimate goal is the Imperial City, but there will be other capture points like forts, farms, mines, castles, etc.
- There will be a system in place that will make it easier for attacked players to participate allowing players a way to defend their territory without having to make repeated assaults.
So this is what can we expect, for the moment, with The Elder Scrolls Online !
Source of the English information summary