La update 10 is deployed right now on the SimCity servers. Maintenance started around 14 p.m. and the servers are currently being checked by the quality department. This long-awaited update mainly brings (not to say exclusively) the offline mode :
- allows you to play offline
- single player mode includes multi-city play, regional interdependence and city specialization. Regions are saved locally and there is a limit to the number of saved games.
- autosave can be turned off in single player mode to allow you to experiment and reload your city in the state of a previous save.
- the "Save As" feature allows you to make copies of its regions at different save points.
In addition, optimizations have been made to improve performance and the search for friends is now based on the search for Origin friends.
<br>• New: SimCity Single-Player Mode.
o Enables Offline Play.
o Single-Player Mode includes multi-city play, regional interdependence, and city specialization. Regions are saved locally and there is no limit on number of save games.
o Autosave can be disabled in Single-Player Mode in order for players to experiment and load their regions at a previous save point.
o Save As a copy feature. Players can make copies of their regions at multiple save points.
o See FAQ on Single-Player Mode for full details.
<br>• Performance: Optimizations in the simulator to improve performance of both Multiplayer and Single-Player Mode.
<br>• Friends: Friends Search now uses the Origin friend search.
Thanks for your patience, Mayors! Update 10 is fully deployed, and Offline Play is ready to go. pic.twitter.com/HrOL7jUvvU
- SimCity (@simcity) March 18, 2014
You can find more information about offline mode on the official website.
Hopefully some content is coming soon now that offline mode is finally here!