Scheduled for mid October, 5.5 will bring its share of class changes. Here are the ones that have been announced so far. Remember that these changes are not yet final and that they may change between now and the release of the update concerned.
Assassin / Shadow
- Reduced Ball Lightning damage by 5.15%.
- Amped Voltage no longer increases the damage of Discharge, but retains the rest of its effects.
- Dominating Slashes no longer increases Assassinate damage and the bonus damage it grants to Lacerate and Voltaic Slash has been reduced from 10% to 5%.
- Reduced the critical damage bonus granted to Discharge and Ball Lightning by Crackling Blasts from 10% to 5%.
- Reduced Sith Executioner's execution bonus damage (low hp target) from 5% to 3%.
- Reduces Psychokinetic Blast damage by 5.15%.
- Fracturing Force no longer increases the damage of Force Breach, but retains the rest of its effects.
- Prevailing Strikes no longer increases the damage of Spinning Slash Strike and the bonus damage it grants to Whirling Blow and Clairvoyant Strike has been reduced from 10% to 5%.
- Reduced the critical damage bonus granted to Force Breach and Psychokinetic Blast by Deep Impact from 10% to 5%.
- Reduced the execution bonus damage (low hp target) of Judgment from 5% to 3%.
DevNotes : The Deception / Infiltration disciplines were outperforming, so we made some changes to bring their dps back to their target value. We've reduced Ball Lightning / Psychokinetic Blast discipline damage on top of that to change some passives that will impact damage to other skills.
Wizard / Scholar
- Fixed a bug where Forked Darkness and Forked Lightning's second attack did not deal the 25% damage of the original attack.
- Reverberating Force critical bonus reduced from 10% to 5%.
- Convulsing Currents now grants Shock a 35% additional damage bonus when the enemy is affected by Crushing Darkness, an increase from 20%.
- Fixed a bug where Mental Momentum's second attack and Telekinetic Momentum did not deal the 25% damage of the original attack.
- Reverberation critical bonus reduced from 10% to 5%.
- Magnifying Vibrations now grants Projection an additional 35% damage bonus when the enemy is affected by Mind Crush, an increase from 20%.
DevNotes : To maintain Lightning Sorcerer and Telekinetic Scholar, we have reduced the critical damage bonus of Reverberating Force / Reverberation by 5% and increased the damage of Shock / Projection when Crushing Darkness / Mind Crush is on target. We also fixed a bug where the secondary attack of Forked Darkness / Mental Momentum and Forked Lightning / Telekinetic Momentum was not calculated correctly. These changes level out damage and bring it back to its target for dps.
Marauder / Sentinel
- Reduced the damage of Deadly Saber by 6%.
- Juyo Mastery now grants bleeding effects an additional 1% critical chance per form charge, down from 2%.
- The temporary bleed bonus given by Annihilate from the Devious Wounds passive has been reduced from 5% to 3%.
- Reduced damage from Overload Saber by 6%.
- Juyo Mastery now gives burn effects an additional 1% critical chance per charge of form, down from 2%.
- The temporary burn bonus given by Merciless Slash through the Smoldering Burns passive has been reduced from 5% to 3%.
DevNotes : The Annihilation / Watchman discipline was overperforming, so we made these changes to get back to target dps. Deadly Saber / Overload Saber dealt most of this damage, so we've reduced their damage slightly to match the damage of other abilities in the discipline, while maintaining their role in the rotation. Additionally, we've reduced the effectiveness of a few other damage-over-time abilities through changes to passives that bring dps back to its expected value.
Ravager / Guardian
- Chilling Scream damage from the Piercing Chill utility has been reduced by 60%
- Force Lash deals 100% more damage.
- The critical damage bonus given by Brutality to Vicious Throw and Furious Strike has been increased from 5% to 10%.
- Increased the bleed damage given by Bloodmaster per bleed effect from 3% to 5%, with a maximum of 15%.
- Increased Ravager's melee damage bonus from 3% to 5%
- Draining Scream deals 45% more damage.
- The damage done by Freezing Force due to the Persistent Chill utility has been reduced to 60%
- Force Lash deals 100% more damage.
- The critical damage bonus given by Swift Slash to Dispatch and Concentrated Slice has been increased from 5% to 10%.
- Increased burn damage given by Burnmaster per burn effect from 3% to 5%, with a maximum of 15%.
- Master Focus melee damage bonus increased from 3% to 5%
- Burning Blade deals 45% more damage.
DevNotes : Chilling Scream / Freezing Force was dealing too much damage with the Piercing Chill / Persistent Chill utility. It was used as a single-target ability when it was intended as multi-target, so we've reduced its damage. To compensate for the lost dps, we've increased the damage of Force Lash by 100% and Draining Scream / Burning Blade by 45%. Additionally, we have increased the critical chance bonus or periodic damage and melee damage by two abilities (per discipline) by a passive that allows you to increase damage to reach the target dps.
Sniper / Maverick
- Honed Shots now gives a 3% bonus to critical strike chance and Snipe damage per effect, down from 5%.
- Honed Shots now gives a 3% bonus to critical strike chance and Charged Burst damage per effect, down from 5%
DevNotes : Marksmanship / Gunslinger Sharpshooter was slightly outperforming, so we've reduced the crit bonus and bonus damage from Snipe / Charged Burst by a small amount per passive, which brings dps down to its target value.
What do you think ?