The Warrior embodies the archetype of the heavy fighter. Equipped with a longsword and shield, the Warrior embodies a noticeably more brutal version than the Valkyrie, his female counterpart.
The Warrior relies heavily on his martial skills.
Relatively limited in mobility, especially when on Guard, it nevertheless has load capacities as well as a few sequences, sometimes skipped, to compensate for this lack of mobility.
Read more...The Warrior is therefore not to his advantage when taken from the rear. Indeed, like the Valkyrie, the Warrior has a particular posture called Guard. Activated with , Guard provides a 20-second defense bonus that recovers whenever you receive a hit. In addition, there are a few rules that are best to keep in mind.
- Resistance to control effects (except tankards).
- Some skills only cast during Guard.
- Left and right moves break the Guard if not done while advancing (unlike the Valkyrie).
- Guard only allows a (very) limited number of possible actions, any use of skills or moves that don't normally require Guard active while you have it, will break it.
- There is no particular penalty for breaking the Guard, you keep the Defense bonus for the remaining seconds and the skill used to break it is carried out anyway. However, the Guard is obviously no longer active and its own effects are no longer active.
Strengths and weaknesses
- Good defense
- Comfortable in both PvE and PvP
- Suitable for key spammers
- Limited mobility
- Sometimes incomplete attacks
- Very few ranged attacks
Rather than displaying yet another copy of the skill tree present in the game, and to be able to understand them more easily, the skills have been deliberately reorganized.
Basic Skills (left button)
Show advanced skills
Here are the skills that revolve closely with the Guard. Remember that any misstep will break your posture, so any false manipulation, or spamming of an action still under cooldown, will put you back in normal posture.
Like most classes, the most basic skills will boost your mana, however the Warrior also has a resource regeneration ability. It's just a matter of standing still and channeling with . Be careful, however, unlike the Valkyrie, this skill takes life points.
Much less than the Valkyrie, the Warrior still has some transversal skills.
Controls and Support
Kicks and Movements
For a classic use of the Warrior, the characteristics to be privileged are (against all expectations)
- Casting speed
- Critical Hit Chances
- Attack speed
It goes without saying that this constitutes an initial guide and is not intended to exhaustively represent the different ways of playing, in particular the more exotic. On the other hand, there are deliberately synthetic references specific to the class in question.
Thus, the use of the character in mounts or its use in specialized roles such as pure support or group PvP has been deliberately excluded.
However, if on reading it you find that you have missed information, or if you have had the inspiration to write a more specific guide, do not hesitate to let us know.