A few days ago, we told you about what's new in the beta with update 0.18. But it was without counting on the deployment of another update (the 0.181 of its small name) as well as the copy on reddit of a message transmitted on the test forum concerning the future. Here is a small summary of what we are learning new.
Let's start with the patch notes for 0.181. They are very extensive, so you will only get a quick summary?
- The tutorial in Ice Haven has been changed to be faster to complete and to have more interesting encounters. In addition, it will now be possible to skip the tutorial for new characters if at least one of our characters has already completed it. This will result in a pop-up window appearing during character creation and asking if you want to skip the tutorial or not.
- Respecialization costs have been revised to 100 coins per skill point. This translates into costs similar to the previous ones for the first 60 points, and a significant reduction afterwards.
- The starting bank size has been increased by 30. At the same time, 3 bank size increases have been removed, and the cost of the last increases has been increased to take this into account.
- The starting inventory size has been increased by 10. At the same time, 1 inventory size increase has been removed, and the cost of the last increase has been increased to account for this.
- A bug that reordered guilds on reconnection (and caused changes to knowing which chat command to use for which guild) has been fixed.
There is of course a lot of other stuff in these notes (mostly bugfixes, of course), and I can only advise those interested to go and see the source directly.
More recently, another post copied from the test forum was put on Reddit. Here is the translation:Perfect Paul
I just wanted to leave a note on a few things that will come into play in the future that we thought you might want to know about. Of course there is a lot more to come than what is listed here, the team is busy on a lot of projects including bug fixing, balancing and other features. But the items listed here allow us to give you some info about what you may hopefully see soon. As with anything in development, things can change and we don't guarantee that.
- Adventure Zones - Craglorn and Trials. We will be talking about this in a lot of detail very soon. I know everyone wants details and they are coming soon.
- FOV (field of view) slider. There's not a lot more to say about this feature other than its title, except that we'll add it. We know that people have very different FOV parameters, making them feel comfortable or not nauseous.
- Interactivity with the world improved. You will be able to pick up even more items in the world, including that sword or armor on its rack.
- Death recap. When you die, you will now be informed of who or what killed you, what are the five major events that contributed to your death, and some tips that could contribute to your success in the future. It will be an interface element that will appear when you die.
- Disable battle upgrade (option that adjusts the level in Cyrodiil). We are going to add an option so that you can turn off battle upgrade in Cyrodiil if you want.
- Full full screen mode (currently "full screen" is actually windowed with no border)
- Separation of players. We know that group members can be separated in some of our content, and we are looking at ways to make sure that you will stay with your group members. We are currently testing some solutions.
So there you have it. Just a glimpse of what's happening, and that's just a small portion of what we're working on. We will be announcing more in the coming weeks and I look forward to seeing you at launch.
It is still pleasant this information which crisp in the tooth not? ?
Ah, and yes, you will probably see me doing articles around here now too.