Gardening is the skill to grow your ingredients in The Sims and save a lot of money when you cook your meals! The Laganaphyllis Simnovorii, aka the cow plant, is a fun and slightly dangerous curiosity that can also motivate you to develop this skill. So here is a guide that I hope will help you through the various stages leading to the top.
Characteristics and career
- Required for aspiration: Nature - Botanist
- Matching stroke : love the outdoors
- Mandatory for the following professions: none (but strongly helps for the food)
Gardening capacity can be increased simply by creating a garden. A flower pot and an outdoor planter are available in build mode.
Once these items have been purchased, you can acquire seed packets through your PC or by clicking directly on the planter.
Note that few seeds are available for purchase. In order to be able to cultivate everything you need, you will have to travel through different locations in Willow Creek, Oasis Spring, and now Granite Falls. Some species are rare and you will need to observe everything around you to get your hands on your goals. Every time you plant, take care of your seedlings, and harvest your crops, your capacity increases.
The Gardening skill can also be increased with the help of books :
- Gardening Vol. 1: Water, earth and light (skill level 1 to 3)
- Gardening Vol. 2: Have a green thumb (skill level 4 to 6)
- Gardening Vol. 3: Strange and forbidden plant genetics (skill level 7 and above)
When your Sim is concentrated, your capacity will increase faster.
Stages of Gardening Ability
Plants can gain in quality. To get there, you just need to take care of them by watering them and weeding them. When green stars appear on your plant, the "Evolve" interaction appears. Plants continue to evolve and do not need to regrow as they gain quality. Better quality fruits, flowers, herbs and vegetables are expensive and lead to better quality meals. If you don't take care of your plants, they decline in quality. You can see the condition of your plants by hovering your cursor over them. The plant health level is represented by a smiley face and the petals indicate if the plant will evolve soon or if it will regress.
There are different stages of quality in a plant:
- Normal / Wild
- Very good
- Really very good
The more you increase your skill level, the more possible it will be for you to take a cutting from all varieties of garden plants and graft them onto existing plants. So you can produce two kinds of fruits, flowers, vegetables and herbs that you mix together and sometimes unlock another variety of plants. The grafted plants return to an early stage of development and it takes a few days to harvest.
There are a lot of hybrid plants here are the new varieties of plants that you can produce:
- Bonsai bud : Strawberry and Marguerite
- Dragon fruit : Snapdragon and Strawberry
- Orchid : Lys et Muflier
- Bird of Paradise : Chrysanthemum and Tulip
- Chrysanthemum of Death : Pomegranate and Orchid (Helps escape death)
- Plantain : Lemon and pear
- Grenada : Cherry and Apple
- Cow plant : Snapdragon and Dragon Fruit (Also called Laganaphyllis Simnovorii)
There is also the Trash Plant which you can get by leaving trash on the ground for at least 24 hours without touching it. The waste turns into young shoots.
Here is the list of the different plants that you can find in Willow Creek and Oasis Spring:
- The Apple can be found in the Fruit seed pack or in the Magnolia Blossom Park.
- The Basil is found in the Aromatic Herb seed lot.
- Bird of Paradise is obtained by grafting a Tulip and a Chrysanthemum.
- Les Mûres is located behind the Printemps Brûlant field.
- Hyacinth can be found in the Flower seed set or behind the Garden Essence field.
- Bonsai Buds are obtained by grafting a Strawberry and a Daisy.
- The Carrot can be found in the Vegetable seed lot or in front of the Neglected Mesquite field.
- La Cerise is located behind Domaine Affluista or on the Plénozas field.
- The Chrysanthemum can be found in the Flower seed lot or in front of the Neglected Mesquite field.
- The Cow Plant is obtained by fishing in Desert Bloom Park, by exploring Space or by grafting a Dragon Fruit and a Mulfier.
- The Marguerite can be found in the Flower seed lot or in front of the Neglected Mesquite field.
- The Flower of Death is obtained by grafting an Orchid and a Pomegranate.
- Dragon Fruit is obtained by grafting a Strawberry and a Mulfier.
- The Grape can be obtained from the Fruit seed bundle.
- Le Citron is located in front of the Mesquite Neglige field.
- Le Lys is located behind the Manoir Ombrieuses field.
- The Mushroom can be found in the Vegetable seed pack.
- The Onion is located behind the land Demeure des Agaves
- The Orchid is obtained as a reward for completing the Space Stone collection or by grafting a Lily with a Snapdragon.
- Parsley can be found in the Herb seed pack or by grafting Sage with Basil.
- La Poire is located behind the Manoir Ombrieuse field.
- The Banana Plantain can be found in the fruit seed pack or by grafting a Pear with a Lemon.
- Pomegranate is obtained by grafting an Apple with a Cherry.
- The Potato can be found behind the Garden Essence field.
- La Rose is located behind the Manoir Ombrieuse field.
- La Sage is located in front of the Mesquite Neglige field.
- The Snapdragon is located behind the Essence de Jardin field.
- Spinach is found in the Vegetable seed lot.
- La Fraise is located behind the Essence de Jardin field.
- The Tomato can be found on the Terrier aux Galets field or behind the Mesquite Neglige field.
- The Trash Fruit is obtained by leaving garbage lying around for 24 hours on your property without touching it.
- La Tulipe can be found behind the Domaine Affluista field or the Hauts de Yuma field.
- The Unidentified Fruit can be found by exploring space with your rocket.
Influence on emotions
Thanks to Bonsai, your Sim will gain the emotion Concentrate.
Examining a fact Bonsai makes a Sim happy.
Feel free to use these actions to quickly change your Sim's emotion!
Here is the list of rewards that will allow you to learn your skill faster:
- Fast reader: 1.000 points
- Night owl: 1.000 points
- Scholar: 4.000 points
- Morning Sims: 1.000 points
- Super green hand: 4.000 points
You have some challenges to achieve if you want to add more challenge, here they are:
- Green hand : Have a Sim reach the highest level in the Gardening skill
- Hybrid Species: unlock a new type of plant by grafting
- Wild Harvest: harvest the products of the 50 wild plants in the Sims 4
Put on your gloves and all hands in the dirt!