In an article on the official website, Stephen Engle, Head of Combat Design, tells us more about the new features to come.
Why this change?
The example given to justify this change is by taking the Mojo. If you are playing an Esper it will evoke Assault Power, but if you are playing Warrior then it will mean Critical Hits. This is not the only reason: it causes a certain imbalance and it affects the equipment quite negatively.
Thus, modifications will be applied:
- removal of primary characteristics and secondary characteristics are no longer derived from them
- no longer possible to increase their Assault / Support Power via runes
- the power curve and the levels will be adjusted
We will have a total of 6 main characteristics:
- Assault power / Support power : power of skills
- Armor : ability to reduce damage suffered
- PV : number of life points
- Maximum shield : amount of damage the shield can absorb
- PvP Power : skill power in PvP
- PvP Defense : defense in PvP
Among the secondary characteristics, some will not change, such as:
- Critical Hit Chance
- Critical Hit Efficiency
- Armor Penetration
- Dodge Chances
- Critical Hit Dodge Chance
- Physical resistance
- Technological resistance
- Magic resistance
- Cooldown reduction
- Reduction of the concentration cost
Some can be obtained via clues:
- Theft of life
- CF resistance
And some will be new or have a whole new way of working:
- Breakthrough : opposes an opponent's Dodge, and if the player's Breakthrough is greater than the opponent's Dodge, the difference is converted to armor penetration.
- Multiple hit odds : with each damage or heal, there is a possibility that an additional hit will be made
- Multiple hit efficiency : Increases the damage of additional hits from multiple hits.
- Vigor : increases damage dealt based on current health (DPS).
- Critical mitigation : against the opponent's Critical Hit Effectiveness.
- Intensity : increases the healing provided but also the concentration cost (Heal).
- Chances of ricochet : chance to reduce the damage of an attack received (Tanks).
- Ricochet attenuation : Increases Ricochet damage reduction.
- Chances of dismissal : Offers a chance to reflect some of the damage taken.
- Return damage : Increases the damage inflicted by a damage return.
- Concentration regeneration rate : Players now have a Concentration regeneration rate per second. It therefore increases the rate at which the concentration regenerates.
- Concentration reserve : increases the maximum amount of concentration.
A change that should therefore be more balanced, fun and understandable for players! Steven knows he hasn't revealed everything about it yet, especially when it comes to crafts and runes, but we'll know more in the coming weeks.
What do you think ?