As I walked the aisles of gamescom, Lore posted a very interesting article summarizing the ways to gear up when the new patch 5.4 hits our servers.
Without hesitation, the fastest way will be to get to Timeless Isle after taking the quest from Chromie in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. On site, you can find three important items for the equipment:
- The Mogu Fate Runes to use in the Throne of Thunder raid to get a second chance of loot.
- Timeless Coins to purchase various items, including additional Timeless Caches.
- Timeless armor marks for crafting 496 gear. These marks are account-bound and adapt to active specialization loot when used.
From now on, it will also be possible to buy many reputation items (Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Venerable Stars, Shado-Pan) for justice points without having a minimum reputation. Justice points can be collected in dungeons, scenarios or by converting honor points. Valor remains useful, serving in particular to improve your equipment against 250 points.
A new PvP season begins, Honor Points will now be used to purchase equipment from the previous season at item level 496. Conquest Points will be used to purchase equipment from level 522 onwards.
And if your goal is to go into dungeons and raids, here's a quick recap:
- Item level 435 required for heroic dungeons
- Item level 460 required for Mogu'shan Vaults (Raid Tool)
- Item level 470 required for Heart of Fear and Spring Terrace (Raid Tool)
- Item level 480 required for Throne of Thunder (Raid Tool)
- Item level 496 required for Siege of Orgrimmar (Raid Finder)
Besides, where are you with your equipment?