- Main capacities
- Artifact weapons
You can find the hunter preview article on the official blog!
- Beast masteries
- Tir you cobra : A rapid fire that deals moderate physical damage.
- Ferocious beast : Summons a powerful wild beast that attacks your target for 8 seconds. Each time she deals damage, you gain 4 Focus. Summoning a Beast reduces the remaining cooldown of Bestial Wrath by 15 seconds.
- Order to kill : Gives the order to kill your pet, which instantly inflicts heavy damage to its target.
- Wild call (Passive): Your critical hits have a 30% chance to reset Ferocious Beast's cooldown.
- Mastery: Master of Beasts : Increases the damage of your pets by 45% (with Mastery from typical equipment).
Additionally, to show you how certain talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of a talent unique to Beast Mastery hunters:
- Way of the Cobra (Passive) : Cobra Shots deal 5% more damage for each pet or guardian active.
- Harpoon : Throws a harpoon at your target and pulls you towards it, rooting it in place for 3 seconds.
- Raptor attack : A vicious cut that inflicts moderate Physical damage.
- Laceration : Wounds your target, dealing significant damage to them over 12 seconds.
- Mongoose bite : A brutal attack that attempts to slice through enemy limbs, dealing significant Physical damage. Each Mongoose Bite inflicted within 3,5 seconds of the previous one adds 50% more damage, and this effect can be stacked up to 6 times.
- Side strike : Gives the order to kill your pet, which instantly inflicts heavy damage to its target.
- Wing clipping : Maims the target, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds.
- Mastery: Hunting companion : Your pet's attacks have a 20% chance (with Mastery from typical gear) to grant you an additional charge of Mongoose Bite.
Additionally, to show you how certain talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of a Survival Hunter talent:
- Snake hunter : Instantly gives you 3 charges of Mongoose Bites.
- Arcane Shot : A rapid fire that deals medium Arcane damage and generates 5 focus points.
- Vulnerability research (Passive) : Targets hit by your Arcane Shots and Multiple Arrows have a chance to receive Hunter's Mark for 6 seconds.
- Scored shot Quickly fire a bullet at up to 3 targets bearing the Hunter's Mark, dealing heavy physical damage. Cannot be used while moving. Also exposes the target's weak spots, slowing it by 15% and increasing Aim damage dealt to the target by 25%. Lasts 10 seconds and can be stacked 3 times.
- Aiming : A powerful aiming shot that inflicts heavy physical damage.
- Mastery: Sniper Training : Critical damage and range of all shots increased by 12,5% (with Mastery on typical equipment).
Also, to show you how certain talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of a talent unique to Precision hunters:
- Ready to shoot (Passive): Attaches an explosive to Aim, dealing significant additional Fire damage to the target and all enemies within 4 yards. Your ranged auto attacks have a 5% chance to trigger Ready to Shoot. Your next two Sights cost no Focus and are instant.
Artifacts are among the most powerful weapons for classes. Appearing with the Legion expansion, they can be obtained through epic storylines specific to classes and specializations.
- Beast masteries
Clash of the Titans
Talonclaw, spear of the wild gods
Thas'dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners
Guide updated 12/11/2015 (Patch 6.2.2)