- Main capacities
- Artifact weapons
You can find the Warlock preview article on the official blog!
- Corruption : Corrupt the target, dealing moderate Shadow damage over 14 seconds.
- Agony : Inflicts increasing agony on the target, causing massive Shadow damage over 18 seconds. The damage starts low, and increases over time. Refresh Agony maintains its current damage level. When Agony deals damage, you have a chance to gain 1 Soul Shard.
- Unstable affliction : A particularly insidious affliction that inflicts significant Shadow damage over 8 seconds. If the target dies, the Soul Shard is refunded. If Unstable Affliction is dispelled, the leader suffers heavy Shadow damage and is silenced for 4 seconds.
- Life drain : Drains health from the target, dealing moderate Shadow damage and healing for 18% of the caster's health over 6 seconds. Life Drain damage is increased by 50% for each Corruption, Agony, and Unstable Affliction effect on the target.
- mastery : Powerful afflictions : Increases Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction damage by 62,5% (with Mastery bonus from items).
Additionally, to show you how certain talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of a talent unique to Affliction Warlocks:
- Contagion (Passive) : After you cast Unstable Affliction, you can relaunch it for free within 3 seconds.
- Shadow line : Casts a bolt of shadow at an enemy, inflicting minor Shadow damage. Generates 1 Soul Shard.
- Call of the Dreadstalkers : Summons 2 fierce Dreadstalkers that attack the target for 12 seconds.
- Main de Gul'dan : Destroy a demonic meteor full of wild Imps that attack the target for 12 seconds. Inflicts heavy Shadow damage to all enemies within 8m and summons up to 5 Savage Imps, depending on the number of Soul Shards consumed.
- Demonic empowerment Empower up to 3 of your active Demons with Dark Energy, increasing their Haste and Health by 50% for 12 seconds. Start with the strongest demons.
- mastery : Master Demonologist : Demonic Empowerment also increases your demon damage by 50% (with Mastery from items).
- Doom : Inflicts dire fate on the target, causing absolutely massive Shadow damage after 20 seconds. Generates Soul Shard when damage is dealt.
- Demonic Wrath : Your demons sizzle with demonic energy. Every 1 second, all enemies within 10m of your demons take minor Shadow damage. Whenever Demonic Wrath deals damage, it has a 15% chance to generate a Soul Shard. Can be channeled while moving.
Additionally, to show you how certain talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of a talent unique to Demonology Warlocks:
- Implosion : Violently hurls all your Wild Imps at the target. They explode, dealing moderate Shadow damage to all nearby enemies.
- Incinerate : Draws fire at the enemy, taking moderate Fire damage.
- Immmolation : Burns the enemy, dealing minor Fire damage and increased additional Fire damage over 15 seconds. Immolate critical hits have a 30% chance to generate Soul Shard.
- Conflagration : Triggers an incendiary explosion on the target, inflicting moderate Fire damage and generating a Soul Shard. Also causes Smoke Blast, reducing the cast time of Incinerate and Chaos Bolt by 30% for 5 seconds.
- Dash of chaos : Unleash a bolt of devastating chaos, inflicting massive Shadow damage. Chaos Bolt always critically hits, and your critical strike chance increases its damage.
- Uproar : Mark a target with Tumult for 8 seconds, it will also be struck by your single-target spells. Limit 1.
- mastery : Chaotic energies : Your Destruction spells randomly deal up to 40% (with Mastery from Objects bonus) more damage.
Additionally, to show you how certain talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of a talent unique to Destruction Warlocks:
- Demonic Fire Channel : Fire 15 bolts of felfire at immolated enemies within 40m for 3 seconds. Each trait deals moderate Fire damage.
Artifacts are among the most powerful weapons for classes. Appearing with the Legion expansion, they can be obtained through epic storylines specific to classes and specializations.
Ulthalesh, the Deuwind scythe
Scepter of Sargeras
Guide updated 12/11/2015 (Patch 6.2.2)