5.4 is currently on the test server, and this update announces quite a few changes, some big, some less significant, in the way certain classes are played. Let's take a look at all of this in detail (it's basically a translation of the summary done by Ten Ton Hammer). You can also find the 5.4 patch notes on the official website.
- Multiple skills will no longer cost runic power.
- Riposte is a new passive skill, which will help Death Knights, and especially tanks, boosting their critical strike rating by as many chances as they have assembled parry and dodge. This technique will activate when the Death Knight dodges an attack. Riposte lasts 20s.
- The anti-magic zone will change, now reducing damage taken by 40% for 3s (was 75), but no longer has a limit on the total amount of damage absorbed.
The Druid will undergo many changes, here are the three main ones:
- Some talents and spells will be simplified to avoid confusion.
- Glyph of Innervation now restores 50% of the Druid's mind as mana every second for 10 seconds.
- Restoration Druids gain a new skill, "Genesis," which affects all players within 60 yards and speeds up their recovery by 400%.
- Arcane Shot does 50% more damage, but will cost more.
- Baillon Arrow is no longer a talent, but becomes a skill of the Precision Hunter only.
- Binding Shot is no longer just a skill of the Precision Hunters, but becomes a talent to replace Gag Arrow.
Mages will only see a few minor changes, such as area skills that will have their damage increased in PvP situations.
- A new talent named Evil is Relative replaces Weight of Guilt. It allows the use of Reflection of Evil on humans and beasts.
- The Holy Shield talent has been renamed to Holy Shield and is no longer a talent, but a protection skill.
The most significant change is that Shadowform loses its 15% damage reduction, but instead allows 60% increased armor.
The most significant change concerns Conversion and Night Tracker. Conversion now restores 4% of maximum health every three seconds, and Nightstalker increases stealth damage by 50%.
- Astral Form now has a 90 second cooldown.
- Healing Tidal Totem heals 50% more.
- Conductivity has been reworked and now extends the duration of Healing Rain by one second per skill used.
- Ruse of Kil'jaeden has been reworked to allow some moving spells to be cast but no longer slows down.
- Demon Gate now applies a 60 second buff instead of 15 seconds.
- Increased self-care. Impending Victory now heals by 20% and Enraged Regeneration by 10%.
For the complete, I remind you that you can find the 5.4 patch notes on the official website.
What do you think ? Are these changes necessary for the evolution of the game?