Take part in the Hearthstone World Championships!
Blizzard (via Aratil) has posted the procedure for participating in the World Championships in HearthStone. The finals will take place at BlizzCon 2014. This tournament will therefore be "BO5". The BO5 or "Best of 5" is a fighting style where 2 opponents face each other until they have 3 points, or 5 matches at most for each encounter.
This first Ranked Play season will see the best players from each region (North America, Europe, Korea / Taiwan and China) compete to determine the next Hearthstone World Champion.
- The top 16 European Legendaries from each ranked season between April and August will be invited to participate in the HearthStone Regional Qualifier. Each player can only qualify once for the European qualifying tournament. When a previously qualified or ineligible player reaches a qualifying position, the player with the next highest ranking will be selected in his place.
- The best players from the weekly tournaments organized by the community between April and August will be invited to participate in the European qualifying tournament.
- The top 3 players from several official events will also be invited to the European qualifying tournament.
- A last chance tournament will be organized just before the European qualifying tournament to allocate the remaining places. This tournament will only be open to players who meet the residency requirements for the European region.
- The initial selection of opponents in the European qualifying tournament will be entirely based on consistency of performance in the ranked seasons. Achieving a high rank multiple times will affect this selection to your advantage.
- Each round of the European qualifying tournament will be played for the best of five matches.
- The top 4 players from the European qualifier will qualify for the Hearthstone World Championships to be held at BlizzCon 2014.
Good luck to all participants !