- Main capacities
- Artifact weapons
You can find the Paladin preview article on the official blog!
- Sacred light : A slow but effective spell, which heals a friendly target for a moderate number of hit points.
- Lightning flash : A fast but expensive spell, which heals a friendly target for a moderate number of hit points.
- Light of the martyr : Sacrifice a moderate number of health points to instantly heal an ally with a moderate number of health points. Cannot be cast on oneself.
- Dawn light : Unleash a wave of holy energy in front of you, moderately healing up to 5 wounded allies in a 15m cone in front of you.
- Sacred shock Instantly strikes the target with a burst of light, inflicting moderate Holy damage to an enemy, or moderate healing to an ally. Holy Shock's critical strike chance is twice normal.
- Light Infusion (Passive) Critics from your Holy Shock reduce the cast time of your next Holy Light by 1,5 seconds, or increase the healing of your next Lightning Bolt by 50%.
- Light guide : Places a Guide of Light on a friendly target. Your healing on other party or raid members will heal the Guide of Light target for 50% of the healing done. If you cast Lightning Bolt or Holy Light on the target in Guide of Light, you regain 40% of their mana cost.
- Mastery: Lightbringer : Being near your target increases the healing of your spells by 30% (with the bonus in Mastery from items). Also, to show you how certain talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of a specific talent. Holy paladins:
- Beacon of the Lightbringer (Passive) : The maximum bonus for Mastery: Lightbringer is increased by 24%, and now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to you or your Lightguide, whichever is closer.
- Shield of the Righteous Instantly hits the target with your shield, dealing massive Holy damage, and reducing your damage taken by 25% for 4,5 seconds.
- Protector's Light : Call on the Light to heal you for 50% of the missing health points.
- Redoubt (Passive) : Critical hits from your auto attacks grant you a charge of Shield of the Righteous or Light of the Protector.
- Mastery: Divine Bulwark : Increases the damage reduction of your Shield of the Righteous by 10% (with mastery from items) and increases your chance to block melee attacks by 20% (with bonus to mastery from items). Also increases your attack power by 20% (with Mastery bonus from items).
- Avenger's shield : Launch your shield at the target. It deals heavy Holy damage, interrupting the target and silencing them for 3 seconds, and then bouncing off 2 other enemies. Also increases the effects of your next Shield of the Righteous or Light of the Protector by 20%.
- Hammer of the Righteous : Strikes the current target and inflicts moderate Physical damage to it. If you stand in your Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous also unleashes a wave of light that strikes all targets within 8m and inflicts minor Holy damage to them.
- Grand Crusader (Passive) : When you dodge a melee attack or use Hammer of the Righteous, you have a 15% chance to reset the cooldown of Avenger's Shield.
- Judgment : Judges an enemy, inflicting heavy Holy damage.
- Consecration : Consecrates the ground beneath your feet, inflicting massive Holy damage over 9 seconds to enemies entering the area.
Additionally, to show you how some talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of a Protection specific talent:
- Blessed hammer : Throws a divine hammer that depicts a spiral around the paladin, inflicting moderate Sacred damage on enemies he touches. Replaces Hammer of the virtuous.
- Crusader Strike : An instant strike that deals moderate physical damage and grants 1 point of holy power.
- Blade of justice : Strikes an enemy with the Blade of Justice, inflicting heavy Holy damage and granting 2 Holy Power.
- Judgment : Judges an enemy, inflicting moderate Holy damage and causing the target to take 30% more damage from Holy Power generators and consumers for 6 seconds.
- Verdict of the Templar : A powerful strike with your weapon that inflicts considerable Holy damage.
- Divine storm : A whirlwind of divine energy, inflicting heavy Holy damage to all enemies within 8m.
- Sentence (Passive) : Your Crusader Strikes and Blades of Justice have a 20% chance to generate 1 additional Holy Power.
- Mastery: Hand of Light : Your Crusader Strikes, Blades of Justice, Divine Storms, and Templar's Verdict deal an additional 45% (with Mastery from items) as Holy damage.
Additionally, to show you how certain talents can build on these foundations, here is an example of Retribution specific talent:
- Lothar's Might : Projects a blade of sacred light at the targeted location. Reactivating it teleports the paladin to the blade and inflicts moderate Holy damage to nearby enemies. Replaces Hand of Restraint.
Artifacts are among the most powerful weapons for classes. Appearing with the Legion expansion, they can be obtained through epic storylines specific to classes and specializations.
Guide updated 12/11/2015 (Patch 6.2.2)